Thursday, October 20, 2011

In Chi-Town for 18 hours

Today business called. So off to Chicago I went with my bosses, Christian and Mike. In the line of duty I:

- Kissed my wife good by at 6:30 a.m. as she went to nurse down our fussy bebe
- Learned about a new, top-secret, marginally better parking lot at the airport
- Flew to Chicago. It was cold and rainy.
- Toured a world-class bakery guided by the COO, Director of Ops, and the top sales rep. They gave us pretzel croissants (awesome!), fresh sourdough boule (awesomer!), and three flavors of ruggelah straight out of the oven (awesomest!!)
- Saw the Yankee Hotel Foxtrot hotels and the Sears Tower (Beuler? Beuler?)
- Supped and drank wine with a Fortune 1000 CEO. I ordered for the table - yes, he paid. Ate bacon-wrapped dates (awesomester!!)
- Fell asleep at the Hilton (in t-minus 5 minutes...) 

All in a day's work, right?
Right?

Home tomorrow afternoon. I hope I'll be in time to get to Ted's Most Best with my favorite girls!
ah, this sweet, charmed life...
r

___________________
The next day...

Bright and sunny, coffee in hand, I strolled through Millennium Park and Grant Park while my co-workers were in a meeting.
Thank you, Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment