Monday, August 29, 2011

Mom, Lo, and Ash.... oh, and my birthday

Where's Ashley?
 So how bad have I been about keeping up with this blog? Ril, ril bad- that's how bad. A month ago I turned 35 years young and my Mom, my sis, and my niece came out to share in the joy and I'm only now getting around to telling the world about it.

It was a great weekend (if sweltering). I only had the presence of mind to keep my camera around me for the first day of their visit. If this blawg is any indication, my camera seems to be the only way things get remembered in my life. Case in point, only the first 1.5 hours of the visit actually happened; the Georgia Aquarium was a dream - my party at Memorial Park, and all the people who came to well-wish me, heat-induced hallucinations.

Here's what really happened:

My sister and her daughter sat in the pecan cathedral of our back yard in blissful peace.


Then we all went inside and the Wild Rumpus started!


...Until Mom cried, "Stop!" and everyone mellowed out. Ashley paid Mom back all the money Lo and I had ever bummed off of her (Thanks, Ash!). 


Then Hannah told Mom a really dirty joke.


...And then crawled off to cook me the finest meal I've ever eaten. 


It was the best birthday ever - and it wouldn't have been if Mom and Lo hadn't bent over backwards to get themselves here. Thanks, ladies. Indebted. 

All true, I swear. 
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment