Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hannah Comes Home

Hannah was held at the hospital one extra day just for observation. There was a little trouble with the latch, a problem which has since been remedied. Nothing to worry about. In fact, one pediatrician who examined her looked at me and quietly said, "She's perfect."  No words could have been more welcome. It remains to be seen if Lil' Hannah will end up being what we've hoped for: a person with Sarah's good sense and my lack of allergies.

All parties seem to be making the home adjustment nicely, though it must be stated that this could not be possible without the assistance of Sarah's mom who will be with us through the Thanksgiving holidays.

How awesome is she?
I knocked on her bedroom door at 2 in the morning with a crying infant in my arms. She got out of bed and took her and sent me back to sleep.
That's how awesome.
Plus S has someone to keep an eye on her as I wrap up my student teaching this week. It's been a mixed-bag experience, and while I'm grateful for the lessons, I'll not be sad to see this part end.

So, on to the pics:

Three generations of ladies


Sarah might be able to launch her knit company with this photo alone.

On the right is Monica, the midwife who attended Hannah's birth. A sweet lady, and we were very pleased with her.

I call this one above, "Life Is Pain." Is it the camera angle? Is it the bizarre reflection in the window? Is it Hannah's expression? Who knows, but we're pretty sure Kubrick would approve.


Game on. Sarah and Rob have a little one.






 
Here is a teeny weeny Hannah Mo doing her "Thriller Dance" pose

Hannah in the kitchen with Papa Rob staying warm in Aunt Lo's cool hat




No comments:

Post a Comment